I don’t need to remind you that this year has been a weird one. From the fact it feels like we’re living in the roaring twenties again – just the shit part – to this awful virus which has kept us all at home in a year which we all thought was going to be the bees knees. However, I have got no time to keep complaining, for I have presents to wrap and gifts to give! Even though this year has been super duper awful, there are some people who I wanted to just say thank you to. They have been my hero’s, cheering me up when I feel awful and just being there for me 24/7. So, this is for my friends, my own hero’s who have kicked ass all of this year and continue to do so, whatever the weather! As a way of thanking my friends (don’t worry, my annual thank you is out now!) this is Tati’s 2020 Christmas present haul! [I know this is after Christmas but I’ve worked hard on this article so I’m posting it no matter what!]
After I completed all my mock exams, my Mum and I decided to go out and buy some presents for our friends and family. So, I dressed up in my cutest, most comfortable outfit, and we both headed out to find some gifts for the ones we love the most.
Luckily, I had some idea about what I wanted to get for them all, which made the whole thing a lot easier! After three hours straight of standing up, we were finally done!
Nothing makes me feel more like an elf then when I wrap up presents! I finally have a bit of a knack for it, so I put on some Big Mouth and try not to get tangled in tape!
the present guide
By now, I’m sure you’re all desperate to know what I’m getting for my friends! Well, fear not! This is the list/gift guide – Tati approved!
for the foodie
I have one friend who is totally obsessed with Indian food and is always super jelly whenever I talk about how I got Indian for dinner. He also loves to cook, something which he’s done lots of during lockdown! I found this little recipe book which I thought was perfect for him and he’s already prepped to make all 200 dishes!
for the movie nerd
My best mate loves watching films and tv shows. He’s the sort of person who you’re most likely to find staying inside on a boiling hot day because he simply must finish off watching the final episode of a Netflix show he’s already watched three times before. One thing which he watches the most however, is Game of Thrones. Whenever I ask him what he’s watching, 80% of the time he replies GoT. I bagged these too finds from Menkind, and now I want them for myself!
for the veggie
I have a friend who’s been vegetarian for almost two years now, but always struggles with pots breaking in his bag, cracking or just plain losing them! For him I decided to get him a pop of colour, much deserved I must say!
for the one who needs a bit more love
I have a friend who I have known for years and years and years now. Unfortunately, he never fully realises how much love I have for him and how he needs more love for himself, so I decided to make him some things! I didn’t get any photos of these things unfortunately, but I did make him: a pillow, a badge and some lipgloss! I also threw in some bits and bobs from The Body Shop which caught my eye – they’re sweet like him!
for the gamer girl
For my gorgeous girlie who spends wayyy too much time playing games with her bf – we gotta make it prettier! I thought these lights were so cute, and you can never have too much hand cream!
For another one of my girlies, I decided to give her something different. So, I went onto Etsy and I found the most gorgeous interesting shops ever! It’s called SamThurlowArt and this man produces custom made fountain pen earrings and necklaces! [no-one else in the world has the same earrings as the one my friend now wears, which is the coolest thing to me]. I cannot get over how brilliant this store is, Sam is so good at putting care into all his products, plus his communicative skills are brilliant, letting me know when they were being dispatched etc. All in all, if you want to support small businesses, Etsy is a perfect place to go and Sam’s shop is the best place to start!
for the Potterhead
Finally, you have my crazy fangirl of a friend whom I love to pieces. I decided I wanted to get her something to show her this. Yet again, I wanted to support small shops, so I went back on Etsy and found a cute Harry Potter print which you could personalise yourself, from Clover Designs Store! I’ve yet to receive this unfortunately, but as soon as I do I will let you know!
At the end of it all, on the 18th of December, I finally went around like Santa’s little helper, and I delivered all my friends the gifts!!
all done now!!
There you have it! That was something pretty different than usual so please let me know if you liked it, I was on a mission to get it out before the end of 2020!
Firstly, I’m sorry for the extended, unexpected hiatus. I will be explaining that in due time, but I am safe, happy and healthy and I hope you gorgeous people are too! Now, on with the article!
I love Christmas. The presents; the songs; the traditions; the food; the atmosphere, I love it all.
Due to the fact I love it so much and I want to spread some Christmas cheer to my favourite people in the whole wide world (yes that is you), I have decided to give you a list of 24 things to do on the run up to Christmas, so you can keep it festive all season long! These things are perfect to do with your friends, family, significant other, whoever really! Don’t worry if you can’t see people face to face because of…reasons… these activities also work if you’re self isolating this festive season.
I’m just hoping to provide you all with a little festive joy in these dark times. I am now Tati the Christmas Elf, spreading Christmas cheer at this time of year! [Yes, I did write that because it rhymed, Christmas makes me turn into a child and that’s not a bad thing!]. Now, let’s get started!
Dance to Christmas Music
There’s something strangely beautiful about dancing like nobody’s watching. It’s freeing, a good form of exercise, and you can listen to Christmas bangers while pretending you’re Mariah Carey, and no one will judge you because they’re doing exactly the same thing. I just feel like people need to dance more, it’s a magical thing.
2. Decorate the tree!
Lugging down the tree from the attic, reminiscing over all the decorations you remember getting, then eventually abandoning the decorating because you “got bored”. That’s my Christmas tree decorating for you. However, this year, I’m going to be different. I am on a mission to decorate the tree and make it the most gorgeous tree ever. It’s such a cute activity and I can’t wait to do it this weekend!
3. Go Christmas shopping!
My favourite part of Christmas is – without a doubt – the Christmas shopping! I love going around the shops and choosing that one perfect gift which I know they’ll treasure for years to come. Even though the shops are opening, if you’re still paranoid about having to go to the big shops, don’t fear! Etsy is here! Etsy is pretty much now the place I buy everything from. You support small businesses, you get quality products and it’s so lovely because you feel like you’re a valued customer at each shop you buy from. Plus, the things you can buy there… oh. my. god. I just live and breathe Etsy – it’s a Pinterest-ers paradise!
4. Make some special Christmas cards for the ones you love
I also love to make cards. I’m slowly turning into a full out crafter and it’s not as bad as I thought it would be. I love to make handmade cards for friends and family because – like them – they’re one in a million. Plus, if you’re stuck for ideas, just look online!
5. Christmas Light Trails
Something which I used to do all the time with my friend at this time of year. We’d hop in the car and go have a look at all the Christmas lights in the houses. Some of them were gorgeous!! As time progressed, I began to bring this tradition to my family, and now we go and look at the Christmas lights in London. A gorgeous, but affordable, tradition which produces gorgeous photos!
6. Wear something festive!
Every day is Christmas when you’re friends with me! From reindeer antlers, to dancing light up spinning Christmas trees, to hair baubles, to ugly jumpers, to a turkey hat, if you want tack, we have you covered! My friends and I all have the most tacky crap in our houses, exclusively for the month of December. No matter how bad life is going for us, we will get into the festive season, jingle bells and all. It cheers us up to no end and the teachers get a kick out of it too. It’s just a lovely way to spread Christmas cheer when you don’t feel too cheery yourself.
7. Gift wrapping
Unleash your inner elf and wrap to your hearts content!! Get out all the wrapping paper, ribbons, all that jazz and wrap the gifts so beautifully that people won’t want to open them! Plus, you can even make your own wrapping paper and that’s always super impressive and it can look super professional.
8. Christmas movie marathon!!
The only thing I do on my Sunday evenings! I love Christmas films – well a certain selection. And I have been getting hyped all year to watch the Nativity Trilogy!! I don’t know if people watch this trilogy anywhere else that’s not England, but if not, you should! I’ve been watching these films since the first came out in 2010 and I now watch them every single year, without fail. Another iconic one I’ve watched for as long as I can remember is the Disney Once Upon a Christmas. I’ve watched those since I could watch things and those mini stories all hold a special place in my heart.
9. Christmas walks!
There’s nothing better than late night strolls – I have mentioned this before! And when it’s Christmas, there’s a certain sense of magic in the air. Lace up your boots, zip up your coat and wrap up warm! We’re going on an adventure ♥️
10. Read a book
I love to read. I never shut up about how much I love to read, so of course my list has to include at least a tiny bit of reading! Just curl up and allow yourself to be transported to a magical world where the only limit is your imagination. It’s such a perfect way to unwind and relax and forget about your worries.
11. Spa Day!
Nothing screams self love like turning off your phone and running a bubble bath and hakuna matata-ing your cares away. Use that bath bomb at the back of your cupboard and put on your favourite playlist and just embrace your own gorgeous self at the end of a stressful day at school or work.
12. Do some charity work
One of the most important parts of Christmas is giving to others, and something I used to do at my secondary school is we’d donate to our local food bank. I think that’s such a lovely tradition and it’s always lovely to give back to those we love.
13. Make a gingerbread house!
Something I am on a mission to do this festive season is make a gingerbread house. As soon as my mock exams are over, I will be making the most extravagant, incredible gingerbread house the world has ever seen! Expect a blog post of my journey soon!
14. Get those cute Christmas pics!
Another thing I always go on about at this time of year is taking the cutest photos possible! The Christmas lights, the weather, all of it is just super cute and Insta-worthy! Make sure you share your photos with me ❤
15. Make special Christmas cookies!
As you have probably worked out by now, I love baking! I find it so relaxing and decorating things so they look super pretty is just so much fun to me. I love to bake with my friends especially and just because we can’t go to each other’s houses doesn’t mean we can’t still do that!! I for one know I will be FaceTiming my friends and together we can whip up a batch of cookies for our families to enjoy!
16. Make reindeer food
Something I used to love doing when I was five or six was getting food for Santas reindeer and sprinkling it on my lawn on Christmas Eve. It’s something I hold close to my heart and I know if I ever decide to have kids, it’ll be something I share with them. If you want a recipe, I found a lovely one here.
17. Hot chocolate and fluffy sock Friday’s!
The other day, I was talking to my boyfriend about this blog post idea, saying that this was one of the first things I thought of. He blew me away and said he’s never owned a pair of fluffy socks! Crazy! I feel like it should be a law that everyone owns their own pair of fluffy socks and has to wear them at least once a month. I have oodles and boodles of these and I have my gorgeous hot chocolate which I will only ever buy from Whittard’s . Perfect after a tiring week at school, getting into my jammies, putting on whatever binge-worthy thing I’m watching this week, and settling down and see how long it takes for me to become the sofa.
18. Letters to Santa
Yet another fun thing I loved doing when I was young, letters to Santa are the greatest invention known to mankind. Just writing them and hoping that you’ll get what you wished so hard for, and seeing if he listened to your wishes on Christmas Day.
19. Christmas markets
This may be a lot more difficult now, what with restrictions and everything, but if there is one open near you, go to a Christmas market!! They have some of the most gorgeous things in these little shops, I even have a ring I got when I was 12 which I still wear today from the Hyde Park Winter Wonderland. (Next year I’m going to go, I refuse to miss out two consecutive years!!)
20. Star gazing
Looking out of my window right now, this may not exactly be the smartest move in the whole galaxy (heh… get it?). But, on a slightly less wet and windy day, go to your local park and just lay there, looking at the stars. I love stars, I used to love going to the planetarium too, just that feeling that you were infinite and you could do anything you put your mind to, it’s just so gorgeous to me. It’s the thought that when you look at them, your soulmate could be looking at them too… gah it’s just so cute to me!
21. BOARD GAME BATTLE!!! [not to the death though, no one should get hurt]
Sometimes I forget how nerdy I can be, then I’ll start getting super excited over board games. I love board games. They’re so much fun and I really enjoy how competitive people get, especially in things like UNO! If you want to get the whole family together, why not create a family pub quiz? Zoom call in the family and see who’s the best at knowing random crap you’ll never need in the real world! It’s super fun and my family did it once a week together over lockdown.
22. Hang up the stockings!
I’ve had my own personal stocking I’ve used since I was born!! I just think they’re the coolest things and it’s so fun hanging them up on Christmas Eve, then coming down the following morning and seeing them all filled to the brim!
23. Get some special Christmas PJs!
Matching or not, get yourself some festive jammies this Christmas season! They have super cute ones everywhere and they’re super affordable too! Get the festive spirit running through your veins this December!
24. Have a lazy day – you deserve it!
No matter what you’ve spent this year doing, I think we can all agree that you deserve a lazy day this December. Enjoy yourself, relax and stay safe this festive season.
I feel like I am already confirmed to be a total quirky “I’m nOt lIkE OtHeR gIrLs” kinda gal. However, there are some strange things I do which are even further than edgy girl which make people slightly concerned for my wellbeing and overall sense of calm. My brain is a very dysfunctional, crazed place, but I wouldn’t change it for the world because it makes me, well, me! If any of you see one of these and think “haha, I do that” please let me know. It makes me feel slightly less crazy and shows me, and you, that you’re not alone. I do always say that, but I don’t think I’ve ever meant it in a type of “dude omg I do that too!! I thought I was the only one hahaha lmaoooo” kinda way, but we’re onto bigger and better things now! Please stick around until the end of this post so I can explain the future of Totally Tatiana – it’s kinda important!!
I am insanely organised with the most miniscule things. I can’t just wing it, I must know exactly what’s going on, at all times. Even walking to school, I opened up a shared note so I can work out what times I’ll be meeting each of my friends. I have a small problem.
I become emotionally attached to inanimate objects for no real reason. I don’t really know how I manage to do it, but I really think it’s just a strange talent I have for emotionally connecting with everything that merely breathes on this planet.
I have a playlist for every song, mood, moment and occasion. Music is my life and I love it so much, it cheers me up, it comforts me, so it’s only fair that I have a song for every single moment of my uninteresting, boring life.
I sing all the damn time – any time a lyric links up to what we’re saying, I’ll sing it, and probably create an impromptu dance alongside it. What can I say? You can take the kid out of the theatre but you can’t take the theatre out of the kid.
I constantly steal my mates phones, just to take photos of myself on them, even though I have a fully functioning camera on my own, I prefer taking theirs. I am a very narcissistic person at times and this is my way of making sure you know I still exist and that you can’t escape me 🤪
Whenever I want to say hi to someone, I just wiggle my fingers at them like I’m casting a spell or something crazy like that. I used to do it with one hand but because I’m theatric I now use both hands, kind of like sideways jazz hands.
I very aggressively use my arms when I’m excited. If you’re within arms length, there’s an increasingly high chance I will accidentally hurt you. That’s not your fault, it’s just me being expressive. I feel like most of these are just me explaining why I love performing arts, but we’ll allow it, this is my blog not yours😚
I obsessively collect dinosaur memorabilia and I love it so much. I am a kid at heart and I think dinosaurs are my favourite thing ever created.
Every-so-often, I just high kick while walking. It’s a fun thing to do and it’s my strange way of saying hi or BAM! Plus when I wear a skirt I feel like I need to dance.
I love watching true crime documentaries and I find them super interesting. It’s also really helpful for my law A-Level as it provides extra context. Now we all know that I’m a sociopathic theatre kid, you can make up your own mind about what I’m really like!
Firstly, I just want to apologise for not posting loads. The 30 day challenge took a lot out of me and I needed time to just get away from writing for a while. Then, sixth form started, and, as much as I’m loving it, it’s a lot of work and it means I’m almost constantly busy.
For the future of this blog, of course I’m not going stop writing all together, I love this blog and it’s my baby. However, because I’m so busy, I’ll most likely end up writing fortnightly, so that I can try maintain my high quality!
As always, please say if you have any thoughts feelings, all that jazz! Thank you so much for reading, love you all,
Finally, after many months of waiting, I am sixteen! I feel like I’ve just levelled up in the game of life, or evolved as a Pokemon. My XP is heightened, and I have gained new skills and I am more powerful than before. Of course, all of that is total bs, but a girl can dream!
I woke up very early – early for me at least: 7:40am. I opened my presents (I was honestly spoilt rotten and I cannot say thank you enough!)
I got ready at around 11am, I had a long bath; using the Spa Pamper Collection from Calcot Spa which I got for my birthday and I am obsessed with! I felt like a princess just bathing with bubbles galore. After that, I began sorting out my outfit, my makeup, all that jazz. My outfit and where you can get it from is all below so feel free to check it out and steal my look!
From Top-to-Toe: Snake Necklace from Lovisa, bodysuit and shorts both from New Look, rings all from Lovisa, nails from Primark in the shade “toasted” and thigh high boots from Asos.
Unfortunately, I didn’t get many photos of my makeup, but I will keep looking to see what I can find!
For the rest of the morning, I helped (and by helped I mean watched) my Dad turn our garden into something which looked like it had come straight out of Pinterest!
Due to the fact I didn’t actually get any photos of the gazebo clean, here’s one with me and a few of my friends from the end of the evening, ft the debris that was the food we ate.
Fairy lights from Homebase, Gazebo from Lidl, Balloons from Amazonand cups from Flying Tiger.
All in all, it was an amazing day and I want to thank everyone who made it so special❤️
I have a lot of things on the agenda today, so I’m going to try go through them all as fast as I can but with enough detail. This article is a bit all over the place – as many of them have been this month – so allow it please! I’m splitting this post into three different sections, as none of this really flows all together. We’re going to start with some general announcements, updates, as we usually do on the here at Totally Tatiana. I say we, like it’s not just me orchestrating the entire blog here. Then, it’ll be the content you’re actually here for and finally some important announcements and information about the future of this blog. I hope this all makes sense!
First of all, it’s my birthday today! I am finally legal! Very exciting stuff! I’m planning some birthday-related articles which should be published before September – but please don’t hold me to that!! I might just post them as and when.
While I was thinking about what word to use, I looked to my left and I saw my newest addition to the random crap I buy when I’m out: a plush pig with a tutu.
Due to the fact that Jezebel is a tutu-wearing pig, I decided my random word would be ballet. I followed the rules and was given this photo:
According to Pinterest, this is Liza Chertikhina – a Russian ballerina from the Bolshoi Ballet Academy. I love ballet, I danced for a decade and I loved every minute of it. Whenever I have to choreograph dances for performing arts I always make sure to incorporate either contemporary dance or ballet into my choreo.
Truthfully, I kind of wish I could do that but I know I am the opposite of flexible so my talents are quite limited. Sad times. However, I think I’m going to try practice and work on doing the splits. This woman is also on pointe which is something I used to dream of doing. It’s kind of sad because it feels like I’ve given up on my dream of being a prima ballerina but I am moving onwards and upwards which is exciting stuff!
Sorry this was so sort, I don’t really know what to write about.
Finally, some overall updates. Just general information and things.
As you all know, I have done the 30-day writing challenge throughout August and as fun as it has been, I’ve been finding it slightly stressful. I am a massive perfectionist and I’ve been adding loads of unneeded pressure on myself. This has also taken a lot more time than I thought it would and while I was meant to be having a blog break this August, I’ve ended up working harder than ever. It’s currently the 22nd August and I thought I’d be long done but I am so so close! After this month, I’m going to go back to usual casual blog posts. I’m planning to write either one article a fortnight or one article a week – it depends how busy I am with Sixth Form. These posts will be high quality – that’s the Totally Tati guarantee.
That’s an update on my blog, I hope that this makes sense! If you enjoyed this then please like, it means the world to me 🥰
This is an interesting topic! I feel like it says a lot about me because I didn’t even really think about this post, I just thought of my top three celeb crushes and boom day 20 is all done! Simples!
I don’t think I’ve ever seen a man who has never aged in his life. I’m 90% certain that he was the inspiration for The Picture of Dorian Gray. Just look at this man! He’s 53 and he looks like he’s in his late 30s. He needs to drop the skincare routine ASAP.
2. Mathew Baynton
You may not recognise the name, but if you were born in the 2000’s you’ll know this mans gorgeous face. He was on my favourite CBBC show, Horrible Histories, a show I would give my right leg to star on. This man is also a feminist icon and I have so much respect for his talents, particularly his singing on Horrible Histories. Not to flex or anything, but I know all the words to the Dick Turpin Highway Man Song and I’ve mastered the Charles II’s King of Bling song also. Baynton is my childhood, and watching him in a curly wig, dancing in a historical building is part of what has shaped me to be who I am today.
3. John Krasinski
Who doesn’t adore Jim from The Office? Look at this insanely talented man. Honestly, just his acting credentials take my breath away, but then you see this mans face. Okay, that may have been too far, but him and Emily Blunt are the power couple of my dreams. All I need in life is to find a John Krasinski and I will be very happy.
Looking back over my little list, I realise I may have accidentally given myself a type… I didn’t mean to! These are just three unproblematic, attractive men who I both respect and want to meet 🙂
I feel kind of bad because I’ve already done this post, except for 40 facts… But… I’m going to try think of another thirty anyway! Surely I’ll be able to think of some more… Well, here goes nothing!
I have absolutely no piercings and I’m not planning on changing that anytime soon. However, I do wear fake hoop earrings and I went through a phase when I was younger of really wanting my eyebrow and lip pierced – this is when I was eight or nine. I was a strange kid.
2. Even though I’m super scared of needles, I really want to get tattoos when I’m older. I’ve always found tattoos super cool and artistic and I already have plans for some 😉
3. I love snakes with my whole heart. I live in a pet-free household and my dream pet is a snake, in particular a Kingsnake. I know a lot about them and as soon as I’m financially stable I’ll be getting myself a snake.
4. I despise tea and coffee. All hot drinks to be honest. I can’t stand them because I worry I’ll either burn my mouth or it’ll be too cold. They also all just taste of hot water. I’m sorry about all the bridges I just burnt by saying that… I like one particular type of hot chocolate if that counts?
5. True crime is something that really fascinates me. I watch all the documentaries, read the books, the whole shabang. It intrests me so much, I’ve been considering starting a new project on my blog this September, alongside Mental Health Monday’s and Feminist Fridays: True Crime Tuesday’s! Where each article I talk about something true crime themed. If that would interest you then stick around until September and you won’t be disappointed!
6. Similar to that point, when September comes around, I’ll finally have an uploading schedule! Everything is pretty up in the air at the moment around here, so when September comes around, I’ll have at least one new article out a week! I’ve been working out how I can do this for a while now, and I think I finally have a gameplan.
7. I always claim to adore horror films, which I do, I just can’t stand the jump scares and suspense. I find it so cliché… and it scares me a little… well maybe a lot. I’ll happily watch a scary movie with you, as long as I can hide behind you when it gets too intense.
8. I’m terrified of planes. I also get super travel sick so being next to me on a long haul flight is not fun at all.
9. I really want to try out an Ouija Board, just because I’m super curious about what would happen and all about the supernatural. I find it intriguing, if a bit bogus, but I’d like to find out first hand instead of just watching crappy YouTube Videos where it’s mostly fake.
10. Halloween is my all time favourite holiday, I love being able to dress up and all the decorations. I have a folder on Pinterest purely for Halloween costumes.
11. I’ve recently been on a slight make-up bender. I’m obsessed with the stuff and I feel like I need more of everything. It’s a pretty big problem at this point. The problem being for my bank account, I don’t have the funds for that 😦
12. Buying presents for people I love makes me so happy, I love planning it all out and when I was younger I used to think I’d be great as one of Santa’s little elves.
13. I love staying organised, but I can’t keep my room clean to save my life! I’ll have loads of big plans, but I’m like a tornado who can’t help but cause a trail of destruction everywhere I go.
14. I love things like Trivial Pursuit and Quiz nights.
15. I have a notebook for every occasion. I am a total stationary fiend and next to me right now, I have my rough notes book, my rough school notes book, my bullet journal and my random thoughts journal. I don’t think you understand how excited I get when someone gets me a blank book. That will be my baby for the next month.
16. I’m the type of person who laughs at everything. I’m the worst person to be around when you’re telling bad news because my mind will instantly go to something funny to say, but before I have the chance to say it my brain will automatically go “haha, that is the funny” so I giggle.
17. When I was a kid I thought I sprayed bleach in my eye. There was a squirty bottle (I have no clue what they’re called but it was like the ones which Dettol comes in) and I had no idea if the cap was closed or not. So, smart little Tati decided to look at it dead in the eyes and spritz myself. I thought it was bleach or something that would blind me for so long, I felt the burning and everything! It wasn’t until my poor Mum came downstairs and told me it was just pure water which she put in a bottle so she could clean things easier.
18. On a similar topic of eyes, I wear glasses! Well, I should, for watching TV and things, but I don’t because I’m a wild child. The reality is I’m super forgetful and I’ll be downstairs when I remember and by then I’m too lazy. That’s probably something I should sort out.
19. I used to be a massive fan of fizzy drinks, but I’ve really gone off them. The only carbonated (oo look at me using big words) drink I enjoy is Fanta.
20. When I was younger, I went through a phase of being camera obsessed. I loved the whole idea of them, I learnt about their backstories, I read all my Dad’s books and magazines on camera angles, and it was something I really enjoy doing. Unfortunately, I don’t do it anymore, and even though I really wanted to take it as an A Level a few years ago, I can’t now because I’m already taking four options. It’s actually kind of sad because that was my dream for so long. I still take photos, it’s just not really the same because it’s only on my phone.
21. On the topic of random hobbies, I used also adore playing golf! I still do to be fair and I’ve challenged both my Grandad and my friends partner to a round of golf where I will be super duper competitive.
22. I love reading so much, however, I haven’t read in over a month and that honestly really upsets me. I keep meaning to read, but I choose my blog instead, so as soon as this 30 day challenge is done, I will be spending some time just reading.
23. Nothing has changed since last time, I still adore dinosaurs with my whole heart. However, my collection has grown! I now have a triceratops called Tristan and a T-Rex called Danny DeVito. They are both firm members of the Tati clan and were given to me by two of my closest friends.
24. A strange guilty pleasure of mine is Just Dance. I get super competitive and end up trying wayyy harder than needs be. I just have to win!
25. As you can tell, I am a very competitive person. One of my most common sayings is “anything you can do, I can do better” and it can be true! Sometimes at least. I don’t give up on much and I’ll never back down from a challenge. It’s one of my worst/best qualities depending on how you see it.
26. I can’t stand wearing lip stick, but I adore wearing lip gloss! Whenever I’m nervous, you’ll see me adding another layer of gloss to my already sticky lips. Ew, I’m sorry for that gross mental image.
27. I love watching stand up comedy, it’s one of my forms of self care when I watch some.
28. I can’t knit to save my life. I’ve tried, and for every stich I drop, I gain at least five. I don’t give up though!
29. I’m currently obsessed with jelly beans! I have a massive sweet tooth and I can’t help but eat loads of sugar. It’s really unhealthy and I’m super hyped up as it is so I’m trying to cut down, but it’s hard! I’m considering going sugar-free for a month… I have been for a while, but I need to research more into it. I’ll keep you guys updated!
30. I’m desperate to dye my hair, but I’m worried about bleaching it, but my hair is too dark for it to show up. Before you ask, yes I have looked at brands made for dark hair, but I’m considering just getting extensions. Yet another thing I’ll be updating you on, so please follow my blog if you want updates on those aspects (and many other aspects) of my life!
Halfway through this challenge! It’s taking a lot longer than expected, but I don’t mind because I enjoy talking about myself 🙂
Today we’re talking about an interesting topic: star signs! As for my opinions surrounding astrology, I’m pretty on the fence about star signs. I find them fun and pretty interesting, but I don’t take them super seriously.
So that we’re all on the same page, I’m a Virgo and my element is fire.
As we’re purely focusing on Zodiac signs, let’s look into the typical traits of a Virgo and see how many I align with. I’m going to go through a list of typical Virgo characteristics and see which ones I agree with. (Source: astrostyle.com)
Dedicated – Honestly, I get bored of things pretty quickly. However, when I put my mind to something, I normally persevere until the end.
Helpful – I try to be helpful because small acts of kindness are what make the world go around!
Hardworking – I’d like to consider myself a hardworking individual, but I have the attention span of a fish so I’m not as hardworking as I’d like to be.
Witty – I’d love to be witty but I’m really not.
Practical – Occasionally I am a practical person, but more often then not I’ll just sit still and complain instead of trying to improve.
Preachy – Have you seen my blog?! I am the preachy-est person you’ll ever meet, and honestly, until people start listening, Papa will keep Preaching! (That was a very niche reference so kudos if you understand!)
Self-destructive – I feel personally called out. I am a very self-destructive person, commonly making bad choices which will harm me at some point in time. I’m like a tornado!
Overwhelmed – I try to be a pretty chilled person, but I get easily overwhelmed in stressful situations.
Self-pitying – I used to, but now I avoid it like the plague. There’s no point in feeling sorry for yourself, if you want there to be a change in the world, you have to be the change.
Uptight – I am the opposite of uptight. I try my hardest to be a chilled, accepting person who isn’t fazed by much. So, even though my friends most likely disagree, I’m not at all uptight!
Critical – If I’m ever critical, it’s only to myself. I find it near impossible to give criticism, constantly fearing I’ve hurt someone’s feelings. You can tell I really love you when I don’t sugar-coat things and just tell you how to improve.
Laptops – I mean, I’m currently writing this on my laptop so I guess I do love it.
Magazines – I do love magazines actually! I just find it so cool having a physical copy of something loads of people have put work into. I think that’s the same reason I prefer real books over ebooks.
Long showers with aromatherapy soaps – I actually don’t enjoy long showers. I’m in there for one reason and that is to clean and groom. Anything else can be done out of the shower and I’m happy to keep it that way.
Outdoor concerts – I mean outdoor concerts can have fireworks!! Is there really a competition between stadium vs arena concerts? I didn’t think so.
Childhood friends – Ehhhhh well….. I guess secondary school friends count? But I’m not that close to anyone from my childhood.
Trivial Pursuit – Obsessed. I find general knowledge quizzes the best type of quizzes.
What You Hate:
Lazy or vulgar people – Half true. Lazy people frustrate me, even though I can be super lazy myself and I’m also pretty vulgar, to a point. So, I really just hate my own kind!
Dive bars – I don’t actually know what these are… Bare with me… Ah okay. I’ve never been to one so I think I need to explore one before making a decision.
Spicy food – This is very true. I’m a mixed kid who despises spice, it’s a curse.
leaving home – I love getting out of the house! It gets boring after a while… To be fair though, I did have to spend three months inside with nothing to do so that answer’s not really a shocker.
toothpaste squeezed from the top of the tube – I’m not fussed about this stuff. I was thinking about how I squeeze out toothpaste and I realized I have no idea, so I guess I’m pretty chilled about this whole toothpaste thing.
In conclusion, I am quite similar to my star sign, but I do have some differences. I guess that’s the same for everyone though. This still hasn’t changed my opinions on astrology, I still find it pretty intresting but I think it should be taken with a pinch of salt.
If you enjoyed this post, please like and comment your thoughts and opinions on astrology. What’s your star sign? Opinions? If you enjoy my blog please follow it, it means the world to me and it shows I’m making a difference.
Today I need to bullet point my whole day. I had a really great day today (01/08/2020), and I can’t wait to share it with you! This is going to be a short and sweet article, so I’m sorry if you prefer my longer articles but I think this one needs to be short. 🙂 Please feel free to like, comment and follow, all that usual stuff.
10am Wake up, ate breakfast, watched How I Met Your Mother, the usual stuff I do on a Saturday morning.
11am Had a shower, completed my skincare routine, a little bit of self care and things. I had to sort out what I was going to wear, what I was going to do today – this took a lot longer than I anticipated… Oops.
12pm After finally sorting everything out, I put on my makeup and got changed. I wrote a couple of blog articles and organised things in my bullet journal.
1pm I had lunch and watched a bit more Netflix, just chilled out a little bit.
1:30pm I went to town to meet my friend, Pastel, so she could help me do some shopping for my brother’s birthday.
3:30pm After seeing old teachers, siblings, and other people we knew, we settled down in The Little Brown Bag and had a mini coffee date – well, smoothie and milkshake gossip – which was super cute and fun ❤
5:30pm Four hours of me dragging Pastel around everywhere, we went our separate ways and I went home.
6pm Dinner, took off my make-up, gave my brother some stuff and settled down to work on my blog, did some online shopping (the drip don’t stop, so you better respect it) and watched even more Netflix while eating snacks.
12am Because my sleep routine is so messed up, I went up to bed and managed to get to sleep by 2am (well, it was quite a lot later than that, but for being a good role model reasons, it was me being a bad influence and falling asleep at 2am).
I’m a very excitable person, and I always love thinking about the future. Due to the fact I can’t decide on one singular thing I’m excited about, I’ve decided to write about all the things I’m looking forward to.
My Sixteenth Birthday. It’s super cool to be an August baby, but it does mean all my friends are already 16. I’m looking forward to finally celebrating with my friends.
2. Starting Sixth Form. I’m really looking forward to starting this new chapter in my life. I feel like I’ll be one step closer to all my hopes and dreams and I’m excited about learning about all the subjects I find fascinating.
3. My Brothers Birthday. As you know from my five blessings post, you’ll know I love my little baby brother. Especially, I love present shopping for him and I’m really excited about finding out what he thinks of the gifts I’ve made them.
4. Being able to go abroad again. This summer, I was meant to go to Disneyland with my family, but, due to unforeseen circumstances, it had to be cancelled which is pretty upsetting. As soon as we’re able to go back, I’m so excited about being able to go to America again. It’s going to be a perfect family holiday and I’m so excited about it!
5. Getting My GCSE Results. Even though it’s a nervous kind of excitement, I’m really interested to find out how well I did in my class and coursework. I just can’t deal with the suspense!