As lockdown is set to end really soon and it’s the summer holidays, I thought it would be nice to share what I’ve been planning! I have been planning some of these since March 2020, and maybe it will give you inspiration as to what you should do when lockdown is over! I know not all of these are currently plausible, but I do have lots of plans for the future and I hope that one day I can say I have completed all of these with my friends and family 🙂
- Aesthetic picnics, I love picnics, I just think they are so gorgeous and romantic, making me feel like I’m right out of a Jane Austen novel or something! I want to have many different types, including: formal, with a posh dress code and champagne flutes, dark academia, with vintage books and dark colours with fountain pens, cottage core with floral prints and wildflowers, homemade bread and toadstool houses for fairies and, finally, artistic indie with watercolours, mugs instead of glasses and 70s music.
- Poker night. I may be stealing this idea off of my boyfriend, but I’m sure he won’t mind! I want to have a proper poker night, with formal dress, cocktails and a real mock Las Vegas style setting
- Meeting friends I haven’t seen in a while. This I have already started doing. It’s been so lovely to see those who I have been so close with and getting the chance to have a proper catch up!
- Wine and whine. yet another idea I may have stolen off a friend, and we may need to replace the wine with shlur… But, those who know me will know I am a painful gossip, and I’ve wanted to do this for so long!! Hopefully I’ll have lots of time to do that this summer!
- Tattoo designs. I really want to get tattoos once I turn 18, but in order to prep for them, I want to get temporary tattoos to ensure I want them. Luckily, Inkbox lets you do this! I’d love to have a Just Tattoo of Us style hangout with my mates, just giving each other tattoos while the other person doesn’t know what they’re getting.
- House party. Since watching all the naughties American movies, I’ve really wanted a proper house party, with red solo cups, beer pong and loud music! Hopefully someday, I’ll actually be able to throw one!
- Museums/art galleries. My god, how I’ve missed them!! Hopefully I’ll be able to go to and explore all of London’s great artistic hotspots and things really soon♥️
- Costume party. Those of you who have been reading my blog for a while will know how much I love halloween. My all time favourite part of Halloween has got to be the costumes! That’s the exact reason why I desperately want to have a costume party – plus I have so many costume ideas and it’s quite simply just mean to make me only wear them once every year.
- Swimming with friends. I love spending time with my friends, and I love swimming, so what better then to mush them both together?! I don’t know where we’d go but I think a water park would be loads of fun and a really great day out for all of us.
- A day trip to France! Now, out of all of the items on this list, this one is most certainly the most “out there” one, but I used to do this with my family as a child, and I long to do it again. I think it would be so fun to do and the possibilities are endless! Maybe one day… when we don’t have to quarantine or anything…
I know this is only ten, but I have so many more ideas, and I’m sure that you do too! Let’s all stay safe but also have a lot of fun – we definitely deserve it!!