Halfway through this challenge! It’s taking a lot longer than expected, but I don’t mind because I enjoy talking about myself 🙂
Today we’re talking about an interesting topic: star signs! As for my opinions surrounding astrology, I’m pretty on the fence about star signs. I find them fun and pretty interesting, but I don’t take them super seriously.
So that we’re all on the same page, I’m a Virgo and my element is fire.
As we’re purely focusing on Zodiac signs, let’s look into the typical traits of a Virgo and see how many I align with. I’m going to go through a list of typical Virgo characteristics and see which ones I agree with. (Source: astrostyle.com)
- Dedicated – Honestly, I get bored of things pretty quickly. However, when I put my mind to something, I normally persevere until the end.
- Helpful – I try to be helpful because small acts of kindness are what make the world go around!
- Hardworking – I’d like to consider myself a hardworking individual, but I have the attention span of a fish so I’m not as hardworking as I’d like to be.
- Witty – I’d love to be witty but I’m really not.
- Practical – Occasionally I am a practical person, but more often then not I’ll just sit still and complain instead of trying to improve.
- Preachy – Have you seen my blog?! I am the preachy-est person you’ll ever meet, and honestly, until people start listening, Papa will keep Preaching! (That was a very niche reference so kudos if you understand!)
- Self-destructive – I feel personally called out. I am a very self-destructive person, commonly making bad choices which will harm me at some point in time. I’m like a tornado!
- Overwhelmed – I try to be a pretty chilled person, but I get easily overwhelmed in stressful situations.
- Self-pitying – I used to, but now I avoid it like the plague. There’s no point in feeling sorry for yourself, if you want there to be a change in the world, you have to be the change.
- Uptight – I am the opposite of uptight. I try my hardest to be a chilled, accepting person who isn’t fazed by much. So, even though my friends most likely disagree, I’m not at all uptight!
- Critical – If I’m ever critical, it’s only to myself. I find it near impossible to give criticism, constantly fearing I’ve hurt someone’s feelings. You can tell I really love you when I don’t sugar-coat things and just tell you how to improve.
- Favorite Things:
- Laptops – I mean, I’m currently writing this on my laptop so I guess I do love it.
- Magazines – I do love magazines actually! I just find it so cool having a physical copy of something loads of people have put work into. I think that’s the same reason I prefer real books over ebooks.
- Long showers with aromatherapy soaps – I actually don’t enjoy long showers. I’m in there for one reason and that is to clean and groom. Anything else can be done out of the shower and I’m happy to keep it that way.
- Outdoor concerts – I mean outdoor concerts can have fireworks!! Is there really a competition between stadium vs arena concerts? I didn’t think so.
- Childhood friends – Ehhhhh well….. I guess secondary school friends count? But I’m not that close to anyone from my childhood.
- Trivial Pursuit – Obsessed. I find general knowledge quizzes the best type of quizzes.
- What You Hate:
- Lazy or vulgar people – Half true. Lazy people frustrate me, even though I can be super lazy myself and I’m also pretty vulgar, to a point. So, I really just hate my own kind!
- Dive bars – I don’t actually know what these are… Bare with me… Ah okay. I’ve never been to one so I think I need to explore one before making a decision.
- Spicy food – This is very true. I’m a mixed kid who despises spice, it’s a curse.
- leaving home – I love getting out of the house! It gets boring after a while… To be fair though, I did have to spend three months inside with nothing to do so that answer’s not really a shocker.
- toothpaste squeezed from the top of the tube – I’m not fussed about this stuff. I was thinking about how I squeeze out toothpaste and I realized I have no idea, so I guess I’m pretty chilled about this whole toothpaste thing.
In conclusion, I am quite similar to my star sign, but I do have some differences. I guess that’s the same for everyone though. This still hasn’t changed my opinions on astrology, I still find it pretty intresting but I think it should be taken with a pinch of salt.
If you enjoyed this post, please like and comment your thoughts and opinions on astrology. What’s your star sign? Opinions? If you enjoy my blog please follow it, it means the world to me and it shows I’m making a difference.
Love you all,